9. Mackenzie Phillips Claimed Incestuous Rape – This was definitely a shocker for many, but scores low on the list because in this era, many are too young to even know who Mackenzie and John Phillips are. Mackenzie starred in the show One Day at a Time, an ancient retro sitcom, while her father, who she claims she had an incestuous affair with, was a rock legend, and a member of the Mamas and the Papas, famous for California Dreamin’, among other hits.
8. ABC’s Bold Censure of Adam Lambert Kiss – I found this rather scandalous, since minutes after airing censored material from the AMA’s, when Adam kissed a keyboard player, they same ABC show aired footage of a girl-on-girl open mouthed kiss, then later, the questionable kiss between Lady Gaga and what appeared to be another female, –it was as if the show was deliberately mocking the rights of the gay performer, Adam Lambert.
7. Eddie Cibrian and LeAnn Rimes Hook Up – The scandal didn’t lay in the hook-up, but in the fact that Cibrian was already with another woman; and it was only after the fact, that another mistress, additional to LeAnn, came out about dealing with her secret affair with the married Eddie Cibrian. Not as big as the Tiger Woods scandal, but still, would an asshole smell as much like sh*t by any other name?
6. Octomom Nadya Suleman and Her 14 Kids – The Octomom has 14 children, but her scandal wasn’t so much about her kids, as her unconventional views on plastic surgery, and her own time spent under the knife. Suleman might be a celebrity, and may even be the proud parent of 14 kids. But she doesn’t have an ounce of class to add to her other charms, that this writer thinks, are few and far between.
5. Kanye West interrupts Taylor Swift at VMAs – The retardation heard round the world; millions were tuned in to the Video Music Awards, when Taylor Swift received her first VMA, and all were shocked, most offended, when Kanye West snatched the mic away to say that Beyonce deserved the award, not Taylor Swift, who stood speechless. Beyonce later invited Taylor Swift to the stage, graciously allowing Swift to finish her speech during Beyonce’s allotted time for an acceptance speech. They say that the devil is in the details; many seemed to think the interruption was staged. If I supported the staging theory, I would say that it was an attempt to get back in the good graces of the Caucasian community, after Beyonce’s flopped 2009 movie, Obsession, that introduced a new genre: white-sploitation, or as one blogger called the film, blonde-sploitation.